SECOND CORINTHIANS FOUR

I was having one of those moments where I was just in a praise mood, because I am absolutely blessed, I look at my life and I just want to jump and shout and sing praises till I forget my name. I really have so much to be grateful for, I turned a year older, that is, I woke up to see the end of another year in my life and to begin a new journey. Like wow! I know of people who weren't as old as me when they died, I'm not special, I have nothing that makes me stand out better than them, but here I am.....With my two feet, 10 toes, 10 fingers, one nose, nicely shaped eye brows, two eyes that see well (especially with glasses), a wonderful voice, a bubbly personality, wonderful friends and very loving relatives. I'm blessed!

My birthday was ok, I realized I was old on Monday, when I was 16/17, my birthday was the day I deleted friends from my phone book because they forgot my birthday, now I really don't care, I didn't even tell my co-workers till noon when a co-worker on leave actually sent a package to my desk, I felt loved and you know what, she's a great friend and one that I'll cherish forever :)

And now I look to the future, I'm 7 years away from "Retirement". I think I always knew what I wanted to do with my life when I was younger but it never really occured to me, its been very effy up until now. I wanted to be a lawyer to "Advocate for the cause" then I wanted to be a banker (I can cross that off my list now, mission accomplied), then an actress, now my dream is such a possibility that I can feel it. To think that I decided on what I wanted to do with my life over cheesecake and water is crazy but I'm so "tripped" sometimes I just want to jump on my bed like the time Tom Cruise jumped on the couch to proclaim his love to his wife.

AH!!!!!!!! I'm happy. I'm very happy, these days I wake up and hum...and laugh to myself, thats how much joy I have in me.....oh boy.

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed"


p.s.: Congratulations JENNYC :)

3 comments:

Afronuts said...

Its good to see people appreciating life and thanking God for it.

If many could see the things God did for them while they werent looking they'd know theres a lot to thank Him for.

Hope such grateful spirit never leaves u

Uzo said...

Happy belated honey...And you have a plan for retirement already? Love it....

Mamarita said...

Thank you Afronuts I'm learning to be thankful for my life :) I hope to spread the grateful spirit to the world.
Uzo: I have a retirement plan o, and it seems am sticking to it