I finally thought I'd do the "book" thing before I forget

1. One book that changed your life?

La Prisonneiere by Malaika Oufkir, It is based on a family in Morocco, Malaika and her family were imprisoned for I think 20 something years and it was really sad because Malaika was the King's adopted daughter, so sad, it taught me not to ever trust anyone and that blood is definitely thicker than water.

2. One Book That You've Read More Than Once.

Animal Farm by George Orwell....

3. One Book That You'd Want On A Desert Island.

That is a tough one, The bible, you could read it a million times and it'd still feel like you're seeing the words for the first time....amazing
A hundred strokes of the Brush before Bed by Melissa P. WOW! The book is a bit on the erotic side but the girl can WRITE and since I read the book in two hours, I probably also want The Deptford Triologies by Robertson Davies

4. One Book That Made You Laugh.

Many books have made me laugh, I don't know where I'd start from;
*Box of Chocolates by Jude Idada.....He had one paragraph that was so hilarious, I was on the subway and I was laughing like someone was tickling me...I didn't even realize I was doing it till people starting moving away from me like I was sick or somthing.
*Good bones by Margaret Atwood - That book inspired my very first webpage of "writings", there's one "essay" in the book about hunting and how animals disguise themselves as Tree stumps and you'd never know till you cooked the "meat" at home....LOL!!!!

5. One Book That Made You Cry.

I'm not sure I understand what it means to CRY! But some books that have gotten to me on emotional levels include:

Rape of Lysistrata by Obi Egbuna - A really sad book , a simple misinterpretation caused a woman the love of her life and got a man killed...Beautifully written, I feel the writer should have left a page or two.... for the readers to absorb the emotion
La Prisonniere by Malaika Oufkir - I guess the book got to me because it was a true story and all they had to go through just made me very...........


6. One Book That You Wish You Had Written.

Everytime I read a book I wish I had written it. But weirdly while I was reading Darkvisions by Sola Osofisan, I felt like I wrote it, the emotions the characters, were all the way I would have written them, the words were so Mamaritaish...I need to send it to someone.

7. One Book You Wish Had Never Been Written.

Thats a tough one, many self help/inspirational books should not have been written, you finish the book and you wonder what the heck happened and what the message was/is..

8. One Book That You Are Reading Right Now.

I just started reading THE TIPPING POINT by Malcolm Gladwell

9. One Book That You Have Been Meaning To Read.

A couple actually, if anyone'd like to send me a copy, I'd be eternally grateful
* The Man Died - Wole Soyinka
* Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom
* Dark Child - Camara Laye


This has got to be fate, as I started writing I tuned to CTV and they're doing the Giller Prize Awards, and I'm finishing up and MARGARET ATWOOD is presenting....Am
I blessed or what?

No comments: