I don't know if any Canadians are interested, but tell your friends, tell your friends' friends, NIDO YOUTH is getting launched in Toronto, January 19-20th and yall are invited. I definitely will be there, especially since I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLY want to meet, have to meet, must meet Gbenga Sesan, The I.T. youth ambassador for Nigeria I believe....anyhow....tell your friends, it'll be a great opportunity to meet other Nigerian youths striving to make it in Canada, Toronto.....

That being said, the weather these days in Toronto is UNBELIEVABLE...Oh my goodness, today I had to go back home and drop my jacket, it was beautiful out, pure sweater weather in the middle of winter... Oh joy....I know I should cry cos of pollution, and the other cool stuff, but err.....I will probably raise my children in some faraway land, where civilization is being kept at bay, like North Bay. Oh well.....we'll all die somehow anyway, by water, by air, by road, or even by sleep, when death comes it comes, global warming/ozone destruction. oh well
Anyhow, something interesting happened to me today as I waited for my sister at Quizno's, people haven't seen my real hair in YEARS! I take braids off, I put a weave in, my hair is extremely thick and completely natural so yeah.....anyhow I was tying a cute scarf, I didn't look fly or nothing, just sat there enjoying my sandwich, wasting time before heading to the salon with the sis when some random stranger walks in the door, and takes a place beside me.
I have a terrible habit of smiling at peole when they look at me, where out of nowhere the random stranger that walked in the door starts talking to me, not trying to be rude or nothing, I take out my hair plugs, he asks me if I know am beautiful. Of course I think that I know that I am beautiful:)
And then he goes on to tell me that I am so beautiful that he would like to take a potrait of me eventhough he doesn't have a camera. I'm smiling trying to be polite, going WOAH! Then he goes on about how if he was to take the potrait, he'd have a black bird and a white dove, of course am smiling wondering why am having this convo with a random stranger, and then he's all like analyzing my personal favorite features of me. I was like WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. I wasn't tripping or nothing I just thought the stranger was a whole lot strange and he was definitely going to ask for my number when the impossible happened.
He said he thought I was beautiful and should not take crap from any man and that he knew that he was crazy but whoever let me go was el loco of the oddest sort.....I felt touched, and then he asked my name, and walked off.....Sure this is the part where the smooth talker walks off and the girl walks after him...For where.........home boy's nails needed A WHOLE LOT OF WORK, so I just sat down to my sandwich, and let me tell you, it was delicious and on sale and I loved ever bit of it.


If anyone cares to know I have a new addiction, his name is Adrian Lester from HUSTLE. He's so HOT, everything he touches meltsss (corny, I know)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might faint if you get within distance of North Bay - - never mind seeing you actually live there! Then again, you did hang with cows and chicks...

Adrian Lester huh? No more Mrs. Dusk?! I'm not sure what Matt would say...

Mamarita said...

Joann...I fall in love so many times a day, love must be tired of me....ah oh well. Happy New Year

ONB: I know right, are you going to be at the NIDO event for youths?

p.s. HAPPY NEW YR

Yellow Vespa Guy said...

6

Yellow Vespa Guy said...

Of course you are beautiful! But, it is always an interesting thing when strangers come up and tell us so.

Don't make me sing YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL by James Blunt!

Naijadude said...

Yea, just to ask you not to get a date yet for NIDO cos one is secured for you right here!

Naijadude said...

Hahahah honey! I didnt even see sandwich on sale, oh my oh my, I bet we need to do some serious shopping on that eh! LOL

Yes o! U are beautiful more than you know, just keep it up!

Anonymous said...

k i'm actually thinking of coming to this thing... you have to pay or book in advance?